Center for MEDICS EMT Academy
CFM EMT Academy is:
- For individuals who want to begin working in the field as a full-time EMS provider with a participating agency. (Cataldo, EasCare, Fallon, Pro EMS)
- Free of charge.
- Highly selective and limited to twenty students.
- Taught by experienced instructors using high fidelity simulation and includes certification courses.
- Exclusive, demanding, and competitive.
Students who successfully complete the CFM EMT Academy will:
- Be granted early access to the hiring process of participating agencies.
- Complete Emergency Vehicle Operators Course, P/B Assist, FEMA courses, and other trainings.
- Be a competitive candidate who will complete the onboarding process weeks prior to the other EMT graduates.
CFM EMT Academy will:
- Run from August 1st - August 11th.
- Run Monday through Thursday August 1-4 and August 8-11, from 7-3:30.
- Include standardized online courses which will be completed during the non-classroom hours.
- Be held at Pro EMS Center for MEDICS (31 Smith Place, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138).
- Have a desire to work full-time as an EMT for a participating agency.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Complete an application which includes a personal statement of interest. Due no later than 11:59 p.m. on July 6, 2016
- Provide an unattested driving record.
- Undergo a CORI and background check.
- Attend an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview on a rolling basis no later than July 8, 2016.
Acceptance into the program is contingent upon the outcome of the applicants CORI check, and background investigation.
Pro EMS • 31 Smith Place, Cambridge, MA 02138